Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Do you know the real me?

Do you know who the real me is? I do and I like her. I am the girl who loves shooting guns, playing video games, watching action packed movies and just hanging with the guys. I feel the most comfortable wearing jeans and a T-shirt. Heck I am wearing Chris’s clothes most days. I like me and how I am.

Some girls just think that I am a slob or that I can’t dress. Sure I do can that stuff. Heck I have girly clothes but putting them on causes me so much pain and stress. I can never find something that looks nice together. If I do before I get out the darn door something happens and I get one part of my outfit messed up. Now if I was just wearing my normal T-shirt and jeans I wouldn’t give if it got messed up. I have been told that “oh you should dress up for your husband every once in a while.” I have done this but what I don’t see is why I need to. He fell in love with the girl I was and still am. I was the girl with the baggy pants and flannel shirts. Why should I make an effort to change who I am? I don’t want to change him so why should I change me?

I don’t understand the reason behind some women’s thoughts or actions. Why they think people have to look a certain way. Some women don’t think they can go out of the house with out makeup on? Why? I don’t know why, I am asking you? I go out of the house every day without any makeup at all. The only time I wear it is if I want to try and look extra sexy for my husband but I don’t even need to do that for him to be interested in me. I just wear it because I have it. Some girls say I need to try and make an effort to look sexy for my husband. Why I listen to these girls I don’t know. This isn’t me I am not the makeup wearing kind of person. I know these girls mean well but you know what I like me just the way I am.

Another thing is I am all tomboy, it is not just the fact I hate dressing up pretty and wearing makeup it is the fact I love guns and everything to do with them. Have you ever shot a gun it is fun as all get out. It is a great feeling to know you can protect yourself and your loved ones if anything at all were to happen. I love video games that have to do with shooting guns. Counter strike is my favorite. Movies with guns in them are awesome! I love the action packed movies with guns shooting all around people. My friends get so mad when their husbands sit around and play video games or watch these gory movies with blood in them. Have you ever tried it? Have you tried to sit and watch something your husband is interested in or played a video game he is interested in? I know I have and it make a heck of a difference in how you view things. Your husbands aren’t wasting their time they are unwinding. It is fun we should all do it. Not just the games, movies or going shooting with your husbands but finding something in common to share and so with him. Not something girly but something he likes. I find that this makes up for the fact that I don’t dress girly. I am sexy in his eyes because I have some of the same interests as he does. Isn’t that a great way to be me? Sharing what he loves?

I have found over the years I feel more comfortable around guys. Not because I love doing guy things but because they just don’t care how you dress, what you do or how you act. They are just so much easier to hang out with. They don’t want to go shopping which is another thing I am not fond of. They don’t want to go to chick flicks all the time which is what girls love. Ok I can do the occasional chick flick but dang it because I am a girl doesn’t mean I need to see girly movies all the time. On date nights we usually go and see something we both want to see. I do not torture him with a movie I know he is not going to like. So why would I have to change? I love the girl I am. He loves the girl I am. So know you know the real me. I love to get down a dirty with the boys and I hate girly clothes. I will never be the girly girl, I will forever be the tomboy.

No comments: