Friday, May 30, 2008

12 kids....smack!

While out at Cici's pizza I looked out the window and there was a huge car load of kids that got out of an SUV. Well I am sure they didn't all get out of there because it looked like a truck parked next to them had kids in it to. So as they walked in to eat I started counting people. If there is any place to come to eat for cheap and get full they came to the right place. I counted 10 people or so I thought was 10. That was including the parents. So as they were all getting seated my mom said that all the kids were calling the woman mom. Then she walked by with a cute blond haired little girl. She looked like she was Cohen's age. My mom and I both said "what a cute little girl." The lady said thanks.

So then I started talking about my friends who have 9 kids to my parents. My parents seem to be anti kid. Yes I have 2 kids but they thought one was enough. Trust me they love both kids but it took until Cohen was born to like the fact of me having another. I decided to bring up another friend who wanted 12 kids. My mom know him pretty well so the look on her face was funny. I told her his wife said no more than 6. Then my mom decided to tell me that when I was little I said I wanted 12 kids but I wasn't getting married. I was going to adopt them all. I always remember saying I wanted to adopt kids I just never knew how many I said.

I could never imagine my life with out the wonderful husband I have or the two beautiful kids I have. Now having 12 is a different story! I give props to the mothers who can handle that many but I don't think I could do that. I do want more children though. Maybe just one more. Depends on what Heavenly Father decides to bless me with. It is a challenge for me to even get pregnant. All the trying and going through fertility stuff.

Well back to the story of the lady I saw in Cici's. She said something to me while I was getting pizza and of course I had to say "what?" I am just a person who zones out when people are around me. I am aware they are there but I don't ever think random people will talk to me. Even though they do it all the time. She was asking me how old Cohen was and telling me he was cute. I told her 2. She said that her little girl we said was so cute was 2 also. Well then she said that she was pregnant with her 8th. So I either miscounted or one girl was a friend. I told her that was wonderful! She then continued to tell me that it took them 4 years to have their first. Then after that it was no problem but they did miscarry a few pregnancies. I told her about me while looking over my shoulder to make sure my parents were out of ear shot that we were trying for another and hoped that it would happen soon. She told me good luck.

Now this was an amazing woman. Not only is she pregnant with her 8th child but she didn't give up hope when it took her 4 years to have her first. She had miscarriages and still went on. I look up to the moms out there who can have so many and also never loose hope. You don't have to have them tell you that they never lost hope you can just tell while talking to them. I know there are many times when I just wanted to say "forget it I am done." Something always smacks me in the head and says "oh no you are not!" I think me talking to the woman was another one of those smacks. I have just become numb to trying for another but then talking with her I will filled with hope again. It is amazing what you can pick up from others or learn about them in a short conversations. You never know if that was someone you needed to talk to until it does smack you in the back of the head.

No comments: